Transport Corporation of America, Inc.
  • Dallas Shop
  • Full Time

Full Benefits Package

At Transport America, we value our mechanics and are committed to investing in you by offering the following benefits:

  • Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 401k Matching
  • Referral Rewards Program
  • Hourly pay/no flat rate
  • Overtime paid time and a half for any hours worked over 40 per week
  • Holiday pay
  • Vacation and Personal Days
  • Education reimbursements and ASE certification reimbursements
  • Arc and Meritor Training provided
  • Safety Shoe program
  • Company Provided Uniforms
  • Recognition of employees- Maintenance Associate of the Month
  • Wellness programs
  • Medical Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
  • Military Leave
  • Work/Life Balance


For this critical, safety sensitive role, we are seeking outstanding technical individuals who are results-driven, exhibit a strong personal commitment to teamwork, able to communicate, and will thrive on making significant contributions to Transport America's Maintenance Department.


In addition, this role is responsible to support business improvement by meeting personal and departmental goals and objectives timely and effectively. 



 Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:

  • Serve in a key leadership position within the shop.
  • Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing daily and long term goals, a commitment to company and maintenance group initiatives, and respect others while earning the respect of their coworkers.
  • Ensure shop floor operations are running smoothly and drive maintenance priorities in coordination and support of the Shop Manager.
  • Ensure every tech has a job assignment, that the assignment will be completed on time and that any technical questions are quickly addressed.
  • Provide expert advice/assistance with repairs so equipment flows through shops without jeopardizing schedules.
  • Will team-up with other technicians to get a PM with a short window of time available completed.
  • Will complete the "quick fix" repairs so that other technicians are not pulled off of assignments.
  • Will perform numerous administrative tasks;  however, no additional administrative tasks will be assigned without Shop Manager.
  • Will spend 100% of their daily time on ROs, with 60% spent on actual maintenance items and the remaining 40% on administrative duties or projects/tasks as assigned by the Shop Manager.
  • Consistently perform work safely around coworkers and ensure all associate follow all safety guidelines.
  • Consistently able to work closely and collaborate with others.
  • Must be able to listen to a driver's description of a problem, road test a vehicle if applicable and determine needed repairs.


Note: These are the major functions and accountabilities required of the position and are the predominant criteria by which performance will be assessed. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.


This position includes a $1,500 Signing Bonus.



  • 3-5 years verifiable experience in a repair facility or a 2-year degree from an accredited school and one year verifiable experience preferred.
  • HS diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
  • A valid drivers' license required, Class A CDL preferred.
  • Must be able to perform at an exceptional level of efficiency.
  • Must be able to operate all shop equipment.
  • Ability to read, write, and comprehend written documents in English.
  • Ability to work with, read, and comprehend hazardous materials in English.
  • Ability to lift items of various shapes and sizes up to 50 pounds without assistance.
  • Must be able to regularly and safely complete repairs that may require bending, twisting, climbing ladders, squatting, crouching, and balancing.
  • Must be able to exit and enter the vehicle's cab without assistance.
  • Must be able to spend 50% of the day standing and 50% of the day walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood and metal.
  • Ability to tolerate different temperatures, dust and irritants. Mechanics may spend 50% of time exposed to heat, cold, dust, irritants, etc. Mechanics may work with and be exposed to hazardous materials.

EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/E-Verify & Drug-Free Employer

Transport Corporation of America, Inc.
  • Apply Now

  • * Fields Are Required

    What is your full name?

    How can we contact you?

  • Sign Up For Job Alerts!

  • Share This Page